Commit everything you do to the Lord; trust Him and He will help you.- Psalm 37:5 (NLT)
There are so many people you have to trust when you’re trying to build your family.
Your adoption agency.
Your social worker.
Your financial adviser.
It’s so important to feel like you can trust these people because they play such huge roles in helping you become a parent.
We trust these people so much that we’re willing to put our bodies, our lives, and our hearts on the lines by working with them. If we can give so much trust to imperfect human beings, why is it often so hard to trust God?
Here is a list of what God promises us when we trust Him:
- He will help us (Psalm 37:5)
- He is our refuge (Psalm 62:8)
- He will keep us safe (Proverbs 29:25)
- He will be our shield (Proverbs 30:5)
- We will never be disgraced (Romans 10:10-12)
- Jesus will make His home in our hearts (Ephesians 3:17)
- We will share in everything that belongs to Christ (Hebrews 3:13-14)
- The salvation of our souls (1 Peter 1:9)
These promises don’t mean that we’ll be spared difficult times. But we can trust that even in the storms, God’s love will carry us through.
As you pray today, ask God to help you put your trust in Him.