Today is my last day before starting stims. I’m excited and nervous. I’m pretty sensitive to medications, changes in diets, and stress in general. I do much better with change and stressful times when I have a plan of attack! So here are some of my goals for the next 4 weeks.
- Be in bed with lights out by 10pm. I’ve set an alarm on my phone for 8:30pm to remind me to start winding down and getting ready.
- Get a massage. DH bought me a massage at a local spa for Christmas, but I’ve been saving it to use during IVF.
- Take my hot pack and thick socks to work to keep hands and feet warm. The space where I work is very open with high ceilings, so it’s always freezing.
- Eat a lot of veggie and protein-packed soups. I know Chinese medicine says to eat warm foods, so this is an easy way for me to get warm foods and veggies at the same time.
- Alternate drinking hot water and decaf green tea. This won’t be too hard since I already do this a lot.
- Eat gluten-free. I made the mistake of reading Wheat Belly* over the weekend, and I threw out all my bread and pasta. This will be the hardest one.
- Go to stressful off-site work “Professional Development Day” that requires a two-hour, round-trip drive up windy, scary, mountainous roads that make me nauseated and exhausted on a good day.
- Eat copious amounts of potato chips and sweets (occasional treats are ok)
- Be worried about taking a sick day if I need to.
- Watch the news, violent movies, or anything that makes me anxious
Each weekend, I’ll post how I did with taking my meds and stims on time, eating healthy, staying on top of my to-do’s and not to-do’s, and managing stress. I’m hoping this public accountability will help me stay on track with all these goals.